Old 17-04-2008, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mowers

In article et,
says...
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 20:06:37 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

Self propelled are slow! better a motor you push, not too big say 16-18"
cut,

That's fine if you have a flat, short grass, lawn that isn't on a hill. I
can hardly push our 18" petrol rotary across our "lawn", but the rabbit
scrapings, mole runs and the fact it's always cut on the highest setting
probably don't help. As for the paths on hills going down would be fine
up, no chance.

I have a steep sloping lawn too, but mow across the slope not up and down
it!
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk