Old 17-04-2008, 03:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default finally got the pump going

"kathy" wrote in message
This is a backyard wildlife pond so all critters are welcome,
even the luckless heron who has yet to catch anything or
even spook the fish. Not sure if it is the depth, the way
it is built, the big growth of camboda on the surface or
just an untalented bird.

I don't know what kind of plant camboda is but the heron here cleaned out
the smallest and 1st pond I put in. Even with all the plants to hide in he
got all but one. He (or she) also knocked over all the plants and just
trashed the little pond. We're in the process of removing this smallest pond
and will fill the hole this spring.
--

RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.