Old 18-04-2008, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Harris Steve Harris is offline

Default Salsify and Scorzenera

In article ,
(Plum) wrote:

Does anybody grow these? My grandmother used to in Wales but I do
not think I have seen any anywhere in several decades. I tried with
salsify in Cambridge but my ground is stony and the roots split. They
are both delicious vegetables.

I have grown both in recent years. They are nice but not (in my opinion)
nice enough and easy enough to prepare to carry on growing them on my
small plot.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/