Old 19-04-2008, 08:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
mm[_1_] mm[_1_] is offline

Default watering cherry tree

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 08:15:25 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

I just planted a Lapins Sweet Cherry from Miller Nurseries, and a week
from today, I have to go away for about 3 weeks.

I think you have to let it dry out a little between waterings. I
would worry about root rot if you keep it constantly moist.

And frequent waterings will encourage shallow roots. Water 1" once every 4-7
days. The deeper ground doesn't dry that fast.

Even with a brand new tree, 3 to 4 feet, planted only 5 days ago,
whose roots go only about 14 inches below the surface?

If you are inclined to email me
for some reason, remove NOPSAM :-)