Old 21-04-2008, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bindweed

On 21 Apr, 23:12, Malcolm Race wrote:
Baal wrote:
Dear NG,

Last year I cut back a shrub with a mature diameter of 10 feet right down to
the core! It was infested with bindweed and had outgrown its site. It is
now a happy healthy stump but the bindweed is rearing its ugly head again!
What is a good weedkiller that will kill bindweed, not the shrub and not the
grass (the latter not too much of a prob as there is no grass growing in 5ft
radius)?

Went into my local DIY/Garden Centre and failed to be convinced by what I
read off the labels.

I would appreciate the benefit of your experience.

Try Tumbleweed when it is growing vigorously - gather up the stems and
tie them into a plastic bag containing the solution - you may need to
repeat this as it is a persistent ba****d

Malcolm

Malcolm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is patented, it's the
Judith Lea method!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Judith