Old 22-04-2008, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Bindweed

"Baal" wrote
Last year I cut back a shrub with a mature diameter of 10 feet right down
to the core! It was infested with bindweed and had outgrown its site. It
is now a happy healthy stump but the bindweed is rearing its ugly head
again! What is a good weedkiller that will kill bindweed, not the shrub
and not the grass (the latter not too much of a prob as there is no grass
growing in 5ft radius)?

Went into my local DIY/Garden Centre and failed to be convinced by what I
read off the labels.

I would appreciate the benefit of your experience.

There is a weedkiller on the market that is a thick paste which you brush
on, can't remember the name but it's widely available, it gets down into the
roots and kills the whole plant (as long as you don't clear away the dying
top growth too soon)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden