Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
animaux

Default Cranes?

Both Sandhill cranes and brown pelicans are migrating north right now. What's
amazing is that they pass over my house daily at about 2pm. I hear their honking and
there they are. They are about half mile up. I tell them apart by their flight
pattern. Brown pelicans will swirl around in large circles together as they sweep up
north. Cranes fly in V formation, but in lines, not in swirls like the pelicans.
They sound similar.

victoria

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 13:34:46 -0600, jojo wrote:

Hey guys, there's a large group of birds heading north --- I think they
are cranes of some sort? They are over Mansfield Dam about now --- it's
1:30 pm. Unbelievable.

jojo