Old 22-04-2008, 02:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Pictures

In article ,
joevan wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 06:33:53 -0400, "MES"
wrote:

Greetings,
I recently started to subscribe to this group.
I enjoy ALL the pictures posted because I do not have the time to spend in
the garden as I used to.
I appreciate the hours of nurturing & committment required to acheive whats
been photographed.
For anyone to tell someone else that what they photographed is not personal
is ridiculous.
Just because someone doesn't have borders, or the correct lighting or the
correct camera is missing the point.
The group is about pictures of what people have in their gardens period.
Just my rant on something that to me is really a NO ISSUE.
Enjoy your day.

Words are useful to let someone know what is in their garden. I think
that what most here are doing is trying to capture the beauty in the
wonderful gardens that are everywhere. Any critical remarks are not
meant to do harm. Posting of images that are un readable is not
preserving the beauty.

Agreed.

While I appreciated her effort, the fact that you could not make out any
details, (could not really see what you were looking at), she has a long
way to go. ;-) Her effort will be better spent at least investing in a
better camera.

Mine is a cheapie but seems to work well. The Fuji Finepix 340 was
$200.00 about 3 years or so ago. Should be a LOT less expensive now!
She will take much greater pleasure in her hobby being able to post
legible pics and there are, by now, better cameras at affordable prices.

The critique was meant as instructive/helpful, not mean! I pray she took
it that way.

I got that a lot on alt.binaries.food until I learned to use ambient
lighting and a _tripod_! g Also learned to choose my angles better. I
knew I'd learned a lot when the best photographer on the list told me a
particular pic was worthy of wallpaper. Made me feel really good. :-D

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson