Old 24-04-2008, 12:14 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_6_] Jonno[_6_] is offline

Default re-potting succulents

Polly the Parrot wrote:
I have a couple of succulents in pots purchased from commercial
nurseries.

I would like to re-pot them into something bigger.

What sort of potting mix should I use? Standard over the counter stuff?

Yeah why not. Succulents will forgive you.
You can be mean and nasty with most of these.

Just dont let them get wet feet and dont use any water retaining
crystals etc.

Don Burke says The ideal potting mix for succulents in containers
should contain half coarse sand and half free-draining potting mix. Keep
the mix barely moist when planting and don't water for the first week.
Here are some good link to make it even easier...

http://tinyurl.com/6xbn9v

http://tinyurl.com/5pthx4

And dont worry about them, If you dont, they will get on with life, and
you can admire them as they do their "thing"!