Old 24-04-2008, 08:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Advice please to save bamboos

On Apr 22, 7:35*am, wang wrote:
I've got a beatiful bunch of bamboos (2.5m tall) replanted to my garden
6 months ago. It had grown nicely for years in my old and new gardens
until recently. The leaves suddenly started to turn yellow one month
ago, and now half of them became yellow. It is obviously dying. I am
desperately trying to save them. Is there anyone who can help? Is it
possible that it is affected by neighbours' plants or weedkiller? Many
thanks for any advice.

--
wang

Weed killer will make for grotesque new shoots (culms) with curled and
mis-shapen parts.
To give any advice that is usable your location the type of bamboo the
exposure to the sun and such is needed, have you seen any indication
that this bamboo is flowering?
Old culms will die after about 6 years or so that is natural. Are the
culms that are healthy entirely heathy and the ones yellow entirely
yellow?