Old 25-04-2008, 11:25 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Pond Addict Pond Addict is offline

Default Plant Cover Ideas for Difficult Areas?

OK, I've got creeping jenny and primrose on the way.

I went to the grocery store to get some watercress but I couldn't find
any with roots and only one local place I've found even sells it, and
that's in bags like the prepackaged salad greens. It seemed pretty
unlikely, but I decided to try the bagged stuff. It was small
clippings so I fully expected to be tossing it out of my pond in a few
days, especially with the salt as high as it is at the moment. Anyway,
I was out there today and there are roots on the clippings already!
That's after 4 days in the pond. I'm impressed.

Dave