Old 28-04-2008, 11:46 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
sbryan sbryan is offline

Default Algae eaters in Koi/Comet pond?

I have had five plecostomus in our small (90 gallon) pond for three years
now with great results. We have to catch them and bring them inside for the
winter though.. When we bought them, they only two or three inches long but
in the Koi pond they have grown to be over 12 inches long! I had to get a
larger aquarium last fall to keep them in during the winter.

This past weekend I competed the expansion of our pond. It is now 1800
gallons with a 3'-0" tall water fall. The Kio, Comets and Plecostomus just
love it.

Bryan
Dallas, TX

"old dirtbeard" wrote in message
Hi all,

Just curious if any of you have placed a plecostomus in your ponds? Any
negative outcomes?

--
best,

doug