Old 29-04-2008, 03:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Laura from MomsRetro.com Laura from MomsRetro.com is offline

Default Are you 'breaking the rules' by growing fruit or vegetables in yourflower beds?

Who has a few veggies tucked in their flower beds? My mom always
sneaks a container with a tomato plant into her side yard. She grows
a bush variety so it doesn't take up too much space. It gets watered
by the sprinklers automatically so she doesn't have to worry about it.

I've got a pepper growing in a side plot too. You don't notice it's a
veggie until the peppers start turning colors. I've also got culinary
sage growing, it has beautiful blue flowers in the spring too.

Who else is 'breaking the rules'? What are you growing?