Old 30-04-2008, 02:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
tenman tenman is offline

Default Another disappointment - encyclia

I got this at Redlands last year. The man assured me - I made him swear
- that all the seedlings had bloomed out the same. He absolutely refused
to sell me the only one then in bloom which I wanted as it was his
'display' plant. I loved the clear, bright apple green with no brown in
it of the petals and the oddly pink lip that was a true light crayon
pink - not lavender or purple.

I got darkish brown green petals and a purple lip (it's darker and more
purple than the pic shows). Of course. It's a heavy bloomer, so there
will be LOTS of ugly brownish flowers. Oh yay.

Enc.floribunda x cordigera, and I don't find that it's been registered
(if the now horribly mislabelled, misguided and jumbled RHS site is any
good any more).

Attached Thumbnails
Another disappointment - encyclia-floricordi.jpg