Old 01-05-2008, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Boggy Garden

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"SamanthaBooth" wrote
I am shortly moving into a newish house (7 yrs) old. The rear garden is
very boggy, the grass is sparce and quite muddy do to it being wet.
It's in need of drainage but how do I go about doing this? I am no
gardener and dont wat to dig it all up and put drainage in so can anyone
suggest a solution?

Everywhere is like that this year (and last) so is it really a constant
problem or just the last couple of very wet years?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob I read your comments about 'everywhere' and thought, ours isn't wet or
boggy, even though we have had our fair share of rain as well.

Then I realised why, and Samantha might like to take note of some pictures I
have just taken.

http://www.myalbum.com/Album-C7WJKALZ

Everything grows in 'raised' beds, not as in Sleepers etc, but all beds and
the lawn is raised with the lowest parts being gravel paths

We are also on very old and well worked soil. We had veg in the garden when
we first came in.

Hope that helps Samantha

Mike