Old 01-05-2008, 02:29 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default West Hays County

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

Saw a write-up in the Wimberley View newspaper yesterday. Seems there's a 6
month moratorium on new major water producers (water wells) in west Hays
county. Affects any new businesses, schools, and churches, not single
family dwellings. A permit is required now to drill any water well. Seems
the aquifers in the area may not support any new major wells. That is more
water may be going out than in them.

TV weather said El Nina is losing it punch. Will result in less rainfall
this spring and summer in central TX area.

I'd support it. I live here.

Water prices are so high, I cannot really afford to vegetable garden any
more. :-(

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson