Old 01-05-2008, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Why would my flowering currant suddenly die?

In article ,
Lisa writes:

| Anyone any ideas as to whay might kill a healthy flowering currant
| bush? Is it worth leaving it in the ground in case it rallies round?
|
| I live in Hampshire, and my soil is clay.

Some indeterminate root-rot, probably fungal. Last year was horribly
cold and wet, and your soil drains badly. If that is so, it's dead
and won't reshoot from the base, but I would give it a month before
digging it up.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.