Old 01-05-2008, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lisa[_3_] Lisa[_3_] is offline

Default Why would my flowering currant suddenly die?

Some indeterminate root-rot, probably fungal. *Last year was horribly
cold and wet, and your soil drains badly. *If that is so, it's dead
and won't reshoot from the base, but I would give it a month before
digging it up.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks Nick. I lost two clematis last year from some kind of root rot,
which I put down to all the rain, so I guess it's the same with the
currant. i'll give it a few weeks as you suggested, just in case
drying out helps it rally.

Cheers
Lisa