Old 02-05-2008, 03:15 AM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
My wife has bought some parsley , one curly leaf and one flat leaf,
growing in a pot and enclosed (held up!) with plastic wrapping. Once
the wrapping is removed both herbs were very floppy and do look rather
pale. The curly leaf parsley has seemed to have died now. Is there
anything that we can do to save the other. These plants look quite
good in the supermarket but after only a couple of days at home they
fade fast, particularly if the wrapper is taken off and they have no
support.
Thanks
If you look at the pots, you will find there is a mass of seedlings in it. It is not worth trying to keep them alive as there is simply not enough medium to support them all. Next time, when you get the pot home, remove all but two or three strong plants, pinch out the growing tip, and you may be able to keep them going.

The alternative is to prick them out into a very large pot or trough in the garden.