Old 05-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Sally Pointer

Default Plants for slopes?

We've just had my mother in law's garden terraced, most is either already
behind retaining walls or well under 40degrees and should stay put fine one
the plants are in. One terrace though is held back by very large boulders
(1m square approx) so though the terrace itself is secure there is quite a
lot of bare soil showing between the stones. We need to choose some plants
which will both be happy on a sunny, reasonably acid (we're in Wales) slope,
but which will also help stabilise that loose surface. We also keep bees so
if its something they will like, so much the better. In terms of aesthetics,
the terrace above will be a herb garden and the terrace below a fruit
garden.
Any ideas?
Sally