Old 05-04-2003, 03:32 PM
Starlord

Default How to get rid of ivy?

As far as I know, there is only one plant killer that will kill ivy and it does
do the job. I've used it in the past to kill off areas of ivy.

Don't know if it's still made or not, smelled like rotting fish when used.

trouble is it's been 20 years since using it and I've forgotten it's name,
started with a V I think.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Starlord's Personal Page
http://starlord-personal.netfirms.com

"William McHarg" wrote in message
I have a stone house that had a LOT of ivy at one point. Someone took
down most of it. (there is a stump from the ivy about 3 inches in
diameter right by the house)

I want to just get rid of it. It damages the wall, gets in the cracks
around windows, etc.

Does anything kill this stuff without turning my front yard into a
toxic waste dump? It was even running across the lawn until I pulled
all of that up.

Mac

---