Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default Polluted soil repair?

On 01/05/08 22:43, Cab wrote:
Hi folks,

I wonder if someone can give me some advice. I'd finished some painting
using water based paints and had just washes the brushes, etc, in a
bucket of water. I, inadvertently, poured this water over a patch of
soil in the garden (yes, yes, I know, I know) and now I'm on vision
only with SWMBO as she's complaining that the soil is now polluted.

What's the score? How long would it take for the soil to repair itself?
Is there anything I can do to help it out?

Any assistance gratefully received.

Well, has it killed off any weeds? That might indicate if it is harmful
or not to plant life.