Old 04-05-2008, 08:56 AM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default West Hays County

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

Many years ago, I lived in east coast Virginia area. They had a similar
charge for wastewater, but no "drainage" charge. Lived in an apartment.
The wastewater in terms of gallons never exceeded the water I paid for in
terms of gallons. It was usually about a third in terms of gallons for
wastewater. Usual use was about 1200 gallons, and 400 gallons of
wastewater.

I may have to go there in person and bitch about it.
It does not make sense.

I'd watch that "drainage" charge if you have a full month of drought this
summer. As, what could be draining? Sounds like they are estimating runoff
from the house to the drainage system at the street. If the "drainage"
charge is the same every month, its a service charge to pay for the hardware
and manpower to maintain street drainage.

Why should I pay for rainwater drainage?

Sounds like to me that you should also contact the water provider as to why
the wastewater charge in terms of gallons exceeds the water in terms of
gallons that you use per their water meter.

Indeed. Might be a computer glitch.
If so, the city owes me some money back!

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
-- Jack Nicholson