Old 05-05-2008, 12:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Eggs Zachtly Eggs Zachtly is offline

Default Playing with gophers

SteveB said:

I finally got my pocket gopher killer working. This is the third version of
it, and I believe this one is a keeper. It uses a welding torch handle and
some other fittings to put propane and pure O2 down a gopher burrow. Then a
spark. The concussion kills them, removes the oxygen, and collapses a good
bit of the tunnel. Go to Rodenator.com and look at their videos. Theirs is
$1800, and no tanks or regulators.. Mine was from parts I had, and could be
built for $50. Tanks and regulators extra, bringing the whole deal to about
$500.

Yesterday, I was working in the driveway, and one was shoving dirt out of a
mound. Why that cheeky little guy! I went and hooked up the gopher device,
and within a few minutes he was in gopher heaven.

I've used poisons, traps, flooding, but this works.

Steve

$500 to kill a gopher. LOL

I got a gopher this afternoon with my $30 spade. Then I used the spade to
cut out some sod, where a garden bed will go. Tomorrow, I'll use it to put
a nice edge around a few other beds. I could probably find some other uses
for it. What else can the gopher killer do, for all the money that it cost?
--

Eggs

Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a man
who can't get his pants off.