Old 05-05-2008, 01:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
tenman tenman is offline

Default Flower Quiz - 20081544.jpg

John - Pa. wrote:
Here's a little "quiz". This is a fruit tree flower that is unusual
where I live, though I suppose it could almost be a weed to some
folks. I put in two specimens two years ago, and the one is covered in
these downward facing flowers (maybe 1/2 to 3/4 in. across) that
appear before the leaves. Unfortunately, I don't expect to be enjoying
the fruit this year, because (I have read) it requires
cross-pollination from two individuals, and my second tree is still
too small to flower.

If you know what it is, I'd love to hear some recipes. Or do you just
eat it straight off the tree?

BTW, the one who is covered in flowers came mail-order from Stark
Bros., and the anemic one still struggling to grow up came from
Miller. Based on this one example, I will be buying future stuff from
Stark and not Miller.

JD
Canon 1D-mkIII
EXIF Data Included
e-mail: blissful-wind(at)usa.net

Additional images at;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-pa/

Sure looks like a Pawpaw to me! I have four of them I put in two years
ago; what area are you in? Mine has buds but I am a week or two away
form flowers.

Tennis in Ohio