Old 05-05-2008, 01:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default Playing with gophers

In article ,
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

I got a gopher this afternoon with my $30 spade. Then I used the spade to
cut out some sod, where a garden bed will go. Tomorrow, I'll use it to put
a nice edge around a few other beds. I could probably find some other uses
for it. What else can the gopher killer do, for all the money that it cost?

I've gotten rid of many gophers with just my size 12 New Balances.
Tamp down the tunnel and either (1) catch them in the cave in or (2)
they just get annoyed and leave. Done this a couple times a year for the
last couple of decades.