Old 05-05-2008, 11:43 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Playing with gophers

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Srgnt Billko said:

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
SteveB said:

I finally got my pocket gopher killer working. This is the third
version
of
it, and I believe this one is a keeper. It uses a welding torch handle
and
some other fittings to put propane and pure O2 down a gopher burrow.
Then a
spark. The concussion kills them, removes the oxygen, and collapses a
good
bit of the tunnel. Go to Rodenator.com and look at their videos.
Theirs
is
$1800, and no tanks or regulators.. Mine was from parts I had, and
could
be
built for $50. Tanks and regulators extra, bringing the whole deal to
about
$500.

Yesterday, I was working in the driveway, and one was shoving dirt out
of
mound. Why that cheeky little guy! I went and hooked up the gopher
device,
and within a few minutes he was in gopher heaven.

I've used poisons, traps, flooding, but this works.

Steve

$500 to kill a gopher. LOL

I got a gopher this afternoon with my $30 spade. Then I used the spade
cut out some sod, where a garden bed will go. Tomorrow, I'll use it to
put
a nice edge around a few other beds. I could probably find some other
uses
for it. What else can the gopher killer do, for all the money that it
cost?
--

Eggs

I've been using a hav-a-hart and then shooting them in the trap with a
.22
and then shoving the carcass down the hole. That discourages other
chucks
from staying there.

I had ya figured as staking the carcass to an 8" high cross, as a warning
to any other pests. =)

But now they've moved under several of my sheds so it
might be time to sit quietly for a half hour and use the 12 guage again.

=)
--

Eggs

Hey - that's a hell-uv-a good idea chuckle