Old 06-05-2008, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
robert robert is offline

Default stop snails climbing shrubs

In message , Mary Fisher
writes
Mary

I'm sure copper rings are the best but I was thinking of the initial
outlay, it could well be expensive and for those on a limited budget,
I thought copper tape would be an acceptable solution.

Fair point - although if it's a short-lived outlay it seems a waste. I've
done it :-(

Our first adhesive copper tape is now in its third year and it still
appears to be totally excluding slugs.

It is not 100% effective against snails, but it does not claim to be. I
understand that there is another copper tape with a serrated edge which
is designed to cope with snails but as we do have much of a snail
problem (the thrushes see to that) we have not tried it out.
--
Robert