Old 07-05-2008, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
jal jal is offline

Default Mower recommendation

In article ,
(Nick Maclaren) wrote:

Requirements:
14-18" cut
Very wide wheels or (preferably) rollers
NOT self-propelled
Preferably mains-electric rotary

Probably not of interest, but you do say "Not self-propelled": let me
put in a word for the Qualcast 380 push-mower (38cm cut):

http://tinyurl.com/3kntmf

I've used one of these for some years; the old one having got tired last
year, I bought another a couple of weeks ago. Uses no energy (except
your own), and makes NO NOISE (except the ancient traditional one). Cost
49 quid at B&Q.

My neighbours have power mowers, and I swear they take longer to cut
their lawns than I do, with my little push-mower.

One thing: these are lawn mowers, not grass cutters. That is, they do
not stand up well to wood debris, much less stones. (Whereas your
average power mower will fling such debris aside.)

j.