Old 09-05-2008, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default New beech hedge - advice on feeding please

On 9/5/08 11:15, in article ,
"ChrisW" wrote:

I am looking for advice on a foliar feed or liquid fertiliser to help
a newly planted beech hedge put on some growth. I have used cell
grown plants this time around and have put a bark mulch down to
suppress weed growth. This makes it unsuitable for a granular
fertiliser. Initial leaf growth is slight so surface area for a foliar
feed is a bit limited at present but hopefully this will change as the
season progresses.

I'm a bit worried about that bark mulch as it can produce a shortage of
nitrogen.
But this site might be of use to you:
http://www.dgsgardening.btinternet.co.uk/fertilizer.htm
And this one