Old 09-05-2008, 09:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
RichToyBox RichToyBox is offline

Default debris in gravel

If you are using one of the hose end syphon type vacs with the net bag, be
sure to treat the pond for chlorine or chloromine as appropriate before
vacuuming the pond. The hose is filling the pond while the vacuum is
running, and the amount of water used can kill fish. I modified mine to
have a piece of flex tubing instead of the net and had it over the side of
the pond, thereby wasting both the pond water and new water, and then treat
for the replacement water.

--
RichToyBox
Zone 7A/B Virginia
"Peter Pan" wrote in message
. ..
I went to Walmart and bought a swimming pool skimmer. I hook a hose to the
side of the skimmer and it has a tea like bag on the other side. When you
turn the hose on, it vacuums the debris into the bag.