Old 06-05-2008, 06:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
LT LT is offline

Default debris in gravel

Due to lots of wind blown debris, the gravel on the bottom of my pond is
heavy with debris. I've tried some battery powered vacuums, but they're way
to weak and slow. Any sugggestions for something that doesn't put a bunch
of tap water back into the pond?
Thanks
LT

Old 07-05-2008, 02:10 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

On Tue, 6 May 2008 13:58:58 EDT, "LT" wrote:

Due to lots of wind blown debris, the gravel on the bottom of my pond is
heavy with debris. I've tried some battery powered vacuums, but they're way
to weak and slow. Any sugggestions for something that doesn't put a bunch
of tap water back into the pond?
Thanks
LT

You're probably due for a water change anyway. I would highly suggest a
shop vac, but don't know the size of your pond, if that would work. If it
will, vac all that gravel up along with the debris. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

Old 07-05-2008, 04:58 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

I went to Walmart and bought a swimming pool skimmer. I hook a hose to
the side of the skimmer and it has a tea like bag on the other side.
When you turn the hose on, it vacuums the debris into the bag.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:45 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

If you are using one of the hose end syphon type vacs with the net bag, be
sure to treat the pond for chlorine or chloromine as appropriate before
vacuuming the pond. The hose is filling the pond while the vacuum is
running, and the amount of water used can kill fish. I modified mine to
have a piece of flex tubing instead of the net and had it over the side of
the pond, thereby wasting both the pond water and new water, and then treat
for the replacement water.

--
RichToyBox
Zone 7A/B Virginia
"Peter Pan" wrote in message
. ..
I went to Walmart and bought a swimming pool skimmer. I hook a hose to the
side of the skimmer and it has a tea like bag on the other side. When you
turn the hose on, it vacuums the debris into the bag.

Rate This Thread:

[IMG] code is On

Gravel Amount - Gravel Koi-Lo Ponds 7 08-06-2006 07:12 AM
Gravel or no gravel Barry Ponds 3 18-09-2003 12:12 AM
Leaves/Debris in Pond- Clean out in Koi Pond? MC Ponds 2 28-05-2003 03:08 PM
2 days left to arrange pickup of ice storm debris Griffin North Carolina 0 01-05-2003 05:46 PM
2 days left to arrange pickup of ice storm debris Griffin North Carolina 0 26-02-2003 08:24 PM