Old 10-05-2008, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Gardens open in my town

"'Mike'" wrote in message

"someone" wrote in message
Our small town in North Wiltshire is having a festival this year, and
there is a "gardens open" day on 7-8 June. Lots of local people,
including me, are opening their gardens to the public, with the proceeds
going to a local charity. There will probably be about 20+ gardens open.
Our town of 8,000 souls has about nine pubs, if that's of any interest.

My theme is things grown from seeds or cuttings: coffee, several
different citruses, sugar cane, Hedychium gardneriana, loquat, Lagunaria,
Eugenia uniflora, and others. Plus two (small) fish ponds with a couple
of frogs each.

Email me if you live in the area and would like to visit.

someone

Sorry we won't be in your area, but this is just to wish you a super day.

We have opened our gardens up under a similar scheme and it is fantastic.

I am not the gardener, 'her out doors' is and to see people enjoying her
'labour of love' is great.

Fingers crossed for a nice sunny day

Mike

Thanks so much for your good wishes, Mike. I've been potting up and
cleaning up with my 'foreign' stuff, now I have to do the borders and put
some bigger plants in - all grown by me, I should say. :-)

It looks really messy at the moment, but I've got a few weeks yet.

Email me if you're ever up/down this way and want to have a look around.

Kind regards,

someone