Old 11-05-2008, 04:50 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel Mckoi Reel Mckoi is offline

Default New Koi Today

"Peter Pan" wrote in message
Well as many of you may or may not know, I have a 3200 gal pond I built
last fall. Today, i took the plunge and bought 5 Butterfly Koi from Pets
Smart (Yes Pets smart) I brought them home, I took a tub and added some
pond water as well as the water from the Box store, now they're
acclimating themselves to the new surroundings.
I'll put them in the pond sometime tomorrow

I have a beautiful deep brick red koi I bought some years back from
PetsMart. I paid something like $2 for it. I never saw another one like it.
Nothing wrong with buying from these chain stores. :-)
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.