Old 11-05-2008, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Gardens open in my town

Our small town in North Wiltshire is having a festival this year, and
there is a "gardens open" day on 7-8 June. Lots of local people,
including me, are opening their gardens to the public, with the proceeds
going to a local charity. There will probably be about 20+ gardens
open. Our town of 8,000 souls has about nine pubs, if that's of any
interest.

My theme is things grown from seeds or cuttings: coffee, several
different citruses, sugar cane, Hedychium gardneriana, loquat,
Lagunaria, Eugenia uniflora, and others. Plus two (small) fish ponds
with a couple of frogs each.

I really do admire anyone who is brave enough to open their garden to the
public, good luck to all concerned :-)
kate