Old 11-05-2008, 02:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Auction report

"Steve" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Rain stopped just in time - weather was just right. Lots of people
spending lots of bucks. One John Deere riding mower was fairly new - as
was an Agway 4 wheel turning lawn tractor. Three older JD model 111's
side by side. Lots of other mowers. I bid on a set of 3 trailer tongue
jacks but didn't get them. There were 3 sets of 3. About 10 farm
tractors, 2 backhoe / loaders, and thousands of other stuff. They were
about 3/4 of the way through when I left around 4 PM. Many people walk
around with their dogs - everything from a mini-dachshund to a young
great dane. I saw VT, MA, CT, and PA plates. Lots of pickups and lots
pulling trailers - serious buyers. I got there about 8:30 AM and the
parking lot (a large field) was full.

..and so goes the international harvester.

Speaking of "international" - which ones are these days ? I would guess
Kubota - and I know New Holland (Ford) is made in Italy. I held stock in
Massey Ferguson when it was a Canadian company but don't know about current
status. How about JD - are they international ?