Old 10-05-2008, 10:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Auction report

Rain stopped just in time - weather was just right. Lots of people spending
lots of bucks. One John Deere riding mower was fairly new - as was an Agway
4 wheel turning lawn tractor. Three older JD model 111's side by side.
Lots of other mowers. I bid on a set of 3 trailer tongue jacks but didn't
get them. There were 3 sets of 3. About 10 farm tractors, 2 backhoe /
loaders, and thousands of other stuff. They were about 3/4 of the way
through when I left around 4 PM. Many people walk around with their dogs -
everything from a mini-dachshund to a young great dane. I saw VT, MA, CT,
and PA plates. Lots of pickups and lots pulling trailers - serious buyers.
I got there about 8:30 AM and the parking lot (a large field) was full.

Old 11-05-2008, 12:51 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Rain stopped just in time - weather was just right. Lots of people
spending lots of bucks. One John Deere riding mower was fairly new - as
was an Agway 4 wheel turning lawn tractor. Three older JD model 111's
side by side. Lots of other mowers. I bid on a set of 3 trailer tongue
jacks but didn't get them. There were 3 sets of 3. About 10 farm
tractors, 2 backhoe / loaders, and thousands of other stuff. They were
about 3/4 of the way through when I left around 4 PM. Many people walk
around with their dogs - everything from a mini-dachshund to a young
great dane. I saw VT, MA, CT, and PA plates. Lots of pickups and lots
pulling trailers - serious buyers. I got there about 8:30 AM and the
parking lot (a large field) was full.

...and so goes the international harvester.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 11-05-2008, 02:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steve" wrote in message
"Srgnt Billko" wrote:
Rain stopped just in time - weather was just right. Lots of people
spending lots of bucks. One John Deere riding mower was fairly new - as
was an Agway 4 wheel turning lawn tractor. Three older JD model 111's
side by side. Lots of other mowers. I bid on a set of 3 trailer tongue
jacks but didn't get them. There were 3 sets of 3. About 10 farm
tractors, 2 backhoe / loaders, and thousands of other stuff. They were
about 3/4 of the way through when I left around 4 PM. Many people walk
around with their dogs - everything from a mini-dachshund to a young
great dane. I saw VT, MA, CT, and PA plates. Lots of pickups and lots
pulling trailers - serious buyers. I got there about 8:30 AM and the
parking lot (a large field) was full.

..and so goes the international harvester.

Speaking of "international" - which ones are these days ? I would guess
Kubota - and I know New Holland (Ford) is made in Italy. I held stock in
Massey Ferguson when it was a Canadian company but don't know about current
status. How about JD - are they international ?

SF Aquarium Society Mega-Auction is Friday March 7 Erik Leung Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 05:56 AM
For Auction on Ebay- "Flora of Australia" Complete set from 1st release to 1989 Paul Wilson Plant Biology 0 27-03-2003 10:56 PM
SF Aquarium Society Mega-Auction is Friday March 7 Erik Leung Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 06-03-2003 06:17 PM
RSBCOS Annual Auction profpam Orchids 0 03-02-2003 08:17 PM
Ventura County Rose Society Rose Auction James Delahanty Roses 1 25-01-2003 04:37 AM