Old 11-05-2008, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.bamboo
HLee HLee is offline

Default Spring shooting

Interesting, Sounds like you have a fairly large grove. Are you a commercial
bamboo farmer? How old are they? I am looking for 3 years or older boo to
make flutes. I'll be very interested if you need some help in thinning out
your over-grown grove in the future. Sorry to hear about the vivax.

" wrote in message
On May 10, 11:13 am, "HLee" wrote:
Congrads...Do you have any other species beside the aureos?
I have some young madakes and angustus I just transplanted from front to
the
back of the houe. No sign of growth yet :(
Henry

P. rubromarginata, P bissettii (also shooting) , P decora or manni
(depending on what they are calling it this year, P. vivax
aureocaulis, S .palmata
Plieo.distichi, Plieo. viridi. S. veitchi (maybe dead) Indocalmus
tesselatus (probably dead) and 3 or so fargesias and some pottet P.
nigra
Have killed a few S veitchi perhaps not suited for here, and every
other winter I lose all the above ground growth of the vivax.
Maybe one or two plants I have missed.