Old 11-05-2008, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Gardens open in my town

On 11/5/08 22:46, in article ,
"someone" wrote:
snip The other thing is, do I need insurance for Health and Safety,
because I
have lots of Agaves, small ones as well as a 6 foot one grown from a 1"
bulbil, plus Pujas which are very dangerous. Not to mention the ponds, and
other things. Should I put up a notice saying "Enter at your own risk - and
please don't bring any young children in here" or what?

Four weeks to go...

Where are you growing Puyas and Agaves outdoors?! Or are they in pots? The
Abbey gardens in Tresco have both and I'm not aware of any notices anywhere.
It might be worth your peace of mind to take out a one day insurance but a
few notices saying "Do not touch the plants, some of them bite" should do it
in terms of a bit of commonsense. You could, perhaps, print of little
leaflets that give a brief history of these plants and *why* they 'bite'!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk