Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Compo in Caithness Compo in Caithness is offline

Default Brown Turkey Fig question

I have inherited a Brown Turkey Fig. It has been pot grown and is
currently about 1m tall. There is some top growth but a thin, bald
stem beneath.

1. Can this plant be cut back in order to encourage a more bushy
growth or do they naturally growe tall and thin?

2. I want to transplant it into a large polytunnel. Should they be
fan trained or are they best grown as a bush/tree in their natural
shape?

3. Will their roots take over the entire tunnel if not contained?

Any help appreciated,

Compo.