Old 05-04-2003, 05:44 PM
zxcvbob

Default How to get rid of ivy?

"Starlord

As far as I know, there is only one plant killer that will kill ivy and it does
do the job. I've used it in the past to kill off areas of ivy.

Don't know if it's still made or not, smelled like rotting fish when used.

trouble is it's been 20 years since using it and I've forgotten it's name,
started with a V I think.

"Ammate X". But I think 2,4 D or triclopyr would work too. I would
*not* spray the whole thing with massive amounts of herbicide. And I
would not waste my time and money using Roundup, cuz it will take
something stronger.

Cut it all out as best as you can and haul it away. Treat the stumps
with "Brush-B-Gon", full strength, applied with a brush.

Bob