Old 12-05-2008, 07:49 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Are my tomatoes dead?

In article ,
CringleB wrote:

Hi
I have had a major tomato crisis and would welcome any advice.
I put my seedlings in a plastic greenhouse and had been putting them
outside for a few hours a day.
Unfortunately there was a very hot spell and by the time I had got to
them they had seriously wilted. I opened the greenhouse, moved them
into the shade and gave them a good drink of water.
Now a lot of them have crispy brown leaves and are looking somewhat
dead.
Are they beyond salvation.
I would welcome any advice.
Many thanks
Chris

Give then 24 hrs. If there is no sign of recovery, you're probably
screwed. This is a learning situation. We've all done it)
I'd suggest replacement from the nursery but I would also start more
seeds. If nothing else, it is good practice.
--

Billy