Old 05-04-2003, 05:56 PM
paghat

Default Pots without drainage holes

In article
A610FC4428C788DE.1692E87F19F90EFF.9CA227FF49FAB13 ,
"Joan" wrote:

I found an old flower pot in the attic and it doesn't have drainage holes.
It is 9 inches in diameter. I'd like to put something in it, but need advice
about what to plant, and how to provide drainage.

Not big enough pots for bog plants, & without drainage, even plants that
kinda like soggy soil will do badly. You could get a mortar drill-bit &
drill a hole in the bottom, then it'll be good for whatever's your
favorite pottable plant. I've never yet broken a pot drilling holes, seems
to be a safe thing. If you can't bare to alter the pot, then you'll need
an even smaller one, with hole, to put inside the old one.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"