Old 13-05-2008, 07:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Simon[_2_] Simon[_2_] is offline

Default Privet growth

Hi there,

I have a small privet hedge at the front of my house which when grown
will give me a little privacy from the street.

I planted it 3 years ago and this year it's really taken off - growth
is about 30cm so far. I've notice that it's going to flower very soon
- if I remove the fowers before it's finished flowering, will it
stimulate more growth? I seem to recall seeing somethg about removing
flowers on a privet to prolong it's growth!

Hope you can help!

Thanks

Simon