Old 13-05-2008, 01:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Ranunculus -8955

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

You were in YOK???

Yes but not for long. :-(

Oh - I could have gone across :-(

Truth be told I probably would not have been able to meet up with you, I
spent more time on coaches than in places. It was usually get to say,
York, have quick orientation tour with tour director, then set loose to
look around, have lunch, find a toilet, take a few photos and perhaps buy
a souvenir, all in about 55 mins, then back on the coach to the next
place.
BTW we stayed at a hotel in Darlington (a converted manor house) and the
head waiter or what ever they're called was the rudest man I met in my two
weeks in Europe/UK. Most of our tour party put in a complaint about him.

Good. I hope notice is taken of it.

However, I am planning a return journey next year (hopefully) and I will
be returning to some places (York amongst them) for a better look around
and this time on my own, at my own pace, not on a tour.

Let me know, I can show you places never visited by tours - not known about
I suspect.

I know York very well, I don't live there (a son and a daughter did) but I'm
involved with the York Archaeological Trust.

Mary