Old 12-05-2008, 01:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Default Ranunculus -8955

Attached Thumbnails
Ranunculus -8955-h-8955-ranunculus-14-04-08-20-85.jpg
Old 12-05-2008, 02:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

And here was I, expecting buttercups!

Worth opening though, thanks,

Mary

Old 12-05-2008, 09:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Very nice as usual Barbara. Are you back from your trip. Do you have a web
site
with all your photos?
Cheers Wendy

Old 12-05-2008, 11:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wendy7 wrote:
Very nice as usual Barbara. Are you back from your trip. Do you have
a web site
with all your photos?

Thanks Wendy, yes I'm back and I had a wonderful time. It was very rushed
with not a lot of time to look around, but enough to give me some ideas of
where I would like to go on a return visit next year.

All my photos are on a Flickr site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbara-h/

Trip ones only:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbara...7604840665668/

So far I've only managed to sort/edit the first couple of days of my trip,
it will take me weeks to sort the whole lot, unfortunately work has to come
first. :-(

Old 12-05-2008, 11:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

And here was I, expecting buttercups!

Heh, I never saw any, though I am told they are now looking wonderful.
York is a very pretty place, though I was only there for just over an hour,
enjoyed my quick walk around the town.

Worth opening though, thanks,

Thanks Mary.

Old 13-05-2008, 10:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

And here was I, expecting buttercups!

Heh, I never saw any, though I am told they are now looking wonderful.
York is a very pretty place, though I was only there for just over an
hour, enjoyed my quick walk around the town.

You were in YOK???

Oh - I could have gone across :-(

Mary

Old 13-05-2008, 10:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

You were in YOK???

Yes but not for long. :-(

Oh - I could have gone across :-(

Truth be told I probably would not have been able to meet up with you, I
spent more time on coaches than in places. It was usually get to say, York,
have quick orientation tour with tour director, then set loose to look
around, have lunch, find a toilet, take a few photos and perhaps buy a
souvenir, all in about 55 mins, then back on the coach to the next place.
BTW we stayed at a hotel in Darlington (a converted manor house) and the
head waiter or what ever they're called was the rudest man I met in my two
weeks in Europe/UK. Most of our tour party put in a complaint about him.
However, I am planning a return journey next year (hopefully) and I will be
returning to some places (York amongst them) for a better look around and
this time on my own, at my own pace, not on a tour.

Old 13-05-2008, 01:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

You were in YOK???

Yes but not for long. :-(

Oh - I could have gone across :-(

Truth be told I probably would not have been able to meet up with you, I
spent more time on coaches than in places. It was usually get to say,
York, have quick orientation tour with tour director, then set loose to
look around, have lunch, find a toilet, take a few photos and perhaps buy
a souvenir, all in about 55 mins, then back on the coach to the next
place.
BTW we stayed at a hotel in Darlington (a converted manor house) and the
head waiter or what ever they're called was the rudest man I met in my two
weeks in Europe/UK. Most of our tour party put in a complaint about him.

Good. I hope notice is taken of it.

However, I am planning a return journey next year (hopefully) and I will
be returning to some places (York amongst them) for a better look around
and this time on my own, at my own pace, not on a tour.

Let me know, I can show you places never visited by tours - not known about
I suspect.

I know York very well, I don't live there (a son and a daughter did) but I'm
involved with the York Archaeological Trust.

Mary

Old 13-05-2008, 03:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Wendy7 wrote:
Very nice as usual Barbara. Are you back from your trip. Do you have
a web site
with all your photos?

Thanks Wendy, yes I'm back and I had a wonderful time. It was very rushed
with not a lot of time to look around, but enough to give me some ideas of
where I would like to go on a return visit next year.

All my photos are on a Flickr site:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbara-h/

Trip ones only:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbara...7604840665668/

So far I've only managed to sort/edit the first couple of days of my
trip, it will take me weeks to sort the whole lot, unfortunately work has
to come first. :-(

I looked at both and found none of UK - the one labelled 'UK leg' weemed to
be of far eastern airports :-)

I'm looking forward to more!

Mary

Old 13-05-2008, 10:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

Let me know, I can show you places never visited by tours - not known
about I suspect.

I know York very well, I don't live there (a son and a daughter did)
but I'm involved with the York Archaeological Trust.

Will do, you'd have got on well with our tour director (Dr Derik Bates), he
has a doctorate in archaeology, he was a mine of information on our trip,
full of fascinating stories.

Old 13-05-2008, 10:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

I looked at both and found none of UK - the one labelled 'UK leg'
weemed to be of far eastern airports :-)

I'm working through them in order of the way I took them, I did the UK leg
last, so it will be a while before I get to them. I run a small business
and it must come first, I'm still catching up on the work that piled up
whilst I was away. :-)

Old 14-05-2008, 09:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens

Mary Fisher wrote:

Let me know, I can show you places never visited by tours - not known
about I suspect.

I know York very well, I don't live there (a son and a daughter did)
but I'm involved with the York Archaeological Trust.

Will do, you'd have got on well with our tour director (Dr Derik Bates),
he has a doctorate in archaeology, he was a mine of information on our
trip, full of fascinating stories.

That would have been the highlight for me.

We're going on a cruise in August but I doubt there's much archaeology in
Spitsbergen :-)

Mary

[IMG] code is On

Ranunculus -8955 Marutchi[_3_] Garden Photos 0 12-05-2008 01:24 PM
about Ranunculus? Jane Gardening 0 20-03-2003 11:32 PM
When should we plant Ranunculus in Melbourne John Wilkins Australia 0 04-03-2003 07:49 AM
Growing Ranunculus from seed S. McLaren Australia 0 02-12-2002 03:46 AM
Growing Ranunculus from seed S. McLaren United Kingdom 4 02-12-2002 03:46 AM