Old 14-05-2008, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default Fence Panels

"'Mike'" wrote

Concrete Block and rendered with a Square mesh trellis on your side with
something growing on it.

Unforunately, I have had to obtain planning permission for this and am
restricted to fencing set back onto my property by 500mm.
We also have to submit a planting scheme for the "outside" of the fence!!
Doubt whether the council would entertain a wall made from anything but
matched brickwork in any case.

Feather edge boarding for the outside with the above square mesh trellis
inside

That's a thought, standard(ish) fence outside with something inside to
detract.
We intended to grow stuff to screen the fence in any case, but where that
isn't possible, maybe changing the appearance of the fence on the inside
would pass SWMBO's criteria.

Low winded, but grow a natural hedge on the boundary. We have Holly, Bay,
and other things, but it will take a time to grow and trim

Security is an issue on this boundary so we need an instant fix here

Posts and cross timbers in the normal way with vertical 3 x 1 placed
alternately inside and outside. Makes an attractive fence which would
appear see though by the 'gaps' on one side, but there is another slat on
the other side if you see what I mean

Yes I have seen these, and they block views into the garden from "square
on", but as you walk along and look towards them at an angle, you can easily
see between the front and back slats.

Thanks for the suggestions Mike

Will run some of these by the boss!

Phil