Old 14-05-2008, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
PK[_2_] PK[_2_] is offline

Default Rampant weed?

"Des Higgins" wrote in message
On May 14, 6:24 pm, Martin wrote:
On Wed, 14 May 2008 18:08:34 +0100, Graham Burley

wrote:
Anyone know what this is?

http://www.encompasserve.org/~burley/dsc00091.jpg

It's rampant. I thought I'd dug it out the year before last, but
a single plant appeared last year, this year it's covered a plot
of about 8 x 4 ft.

How to get rid of
ithttp://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to/problem-solving/ground-elder/
--

That is a good consise sensible link. Those two methods do work but
you have to be patient and persistent. If you go organic, you have to

Martin

My patent technique is a variation on:

Chemical
Apply systemic weed killer to the foliage as soon as it appears in spring.
Re-apply throughout the growing season at four- to six-week intervals, or as
soon as any re-growth appears

week 1 glyphosate

week 2 weedol to burn off top growth

week 3 glyphosate on new growth