Old 05-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Frank Miles

Default Soil testers

In article ,
Stuart Pedazzo wrote:
Has any one had any luck with these small electronic pH and
fertilizer meters? I ordered one made by RapidTest with 2 rigid
probes sticking out the bottom but am having trouble getting much of a
reading out of it.

Are there any tricks to it that I am missing??

I've never heard of any "cheap" pH meters that were any good.
In contrast, the color-indicator strips seem fairly accurate,
at least in comparison with soil laboratory reports.

I have not idea what a "fertilizer meter" might measure. Does
the promotional/package information suggest anything specific
about what it is supposed to be measuring?

-frank