Old 15-05-2008, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Not quite OT, I hope, cast iron garden furniture question

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 15 May 2008 05:42:39 -0700 (PDT), "Cat(h)"
wrote:

Thanks Derek (and Sacha and Mike) for some good suggestions and tips.
I'll have lovely spray plastikoted glossy black wee tables (probably
cast alu) by the end of the week end :-)

Cast alu needs a different primer.
--

Martin

Isn't a paint covering already on there? Only need primer if going back to
bare metal. (Yellow Chromate from memory)

'IF' the table has been sand blasted back to bare metal, then the sand
blaster will know to prime it PDQ before it oxidises in the air :-((

Mike